This information session will focus on both the Tourism Relief Fund and the Jobs and Growth Fund. Participants will learn about the application criteria, the deadlines, and see if your business meets the qualifications.
Tourism Relief Fund
The Government of Canada announced its commitment of $500 million to the new Tourism Relief Fund. Regional development agencies will deliver $485 million directly to tourism businesses and organizations to help them adapt operations to meet public health requirements while investing in products and services to grow tourism and reposition Canada as a world-class destination.
Tourism Relief Fund projects will focus on:
- Product development: For example, projects that enhance tourism experiences; help tourism businesses adapt to the “new normal” and modernize their offerings; and, encourage the adoption of more environmentally sustainable and inclusive practices.
- Destination development: For example, projects that position communities to take advantage of post-pandemic opportunities through strategic planning for medium- to long-term investments, as well as supporting destination development prospects in line with objectives set out in the Federal Tourism Growth Strategy.
For more information, please visit WD website at https://www.wd-deo.gc.ca/eng/20179.asp
Jobs and Growth Fund
The Jobs and Growth Fund provides funding to businesses and organizations to help create jobs and position local economies for long-term growth. The Fund, delivered by Canada’s regional development agencies (RDAs), provides $700 million nationally over 3 years, which includes up to $70 million dedicated to businesses created after January 2020 that meet eligibility criteria.
In the West, Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) is investing $217 million to help job creators and the organizations that support them to future-proof their businesses, build resiliency and prepare for growth by supporting projects that contribute to near-term job creation and long-term resilience through projects that will:
- Transition to a green economy
- Foster an inclusive recovery
- Preserve Canada’s competitiveness, future proof SMEs and enhance resilience through productivity improvement and digital adoption
- Strengthen capacity in sectors critical to Canada’s recovery and growth
For more information, please visit WD website at https://www.wd-deo.gc.ca/eng/20183.asp